To provide healthy sanitary environment, preventive and curative health care services to the city dwellers, the corporation has efficient team of health service providers headed by Health Officer.
The following preventive health services are provide by the corporation
- To prevent out break of epidemic there is mobile team to take care of complaints received by the health section.
- Awareness campaign are regularly under taken by Public Health Team for Diarrhea, Jaundice influenza, Swine flu, Dengue, Chickungunya etc
- During natural calmities, fairs & festivals etc. the public health team take contingent measures to contain sanitary and environment hazards.
- During intense summer public Health team attends the heat stroke patients immediately.
National Health Mission(NHM):-
The Goal of the Mission is to improve the availability of and access to quality health care by people, especially for those residing in rural areas, the poor, women and children. Universal access to public health services such as Women’s health, child health, water, sanitation & hygiene, immunization, and Nutrition
Sanitation and Conservancy:-
In view of increasing shortage CMC’s own manpower, CMC has privatized all 59 wards in between three agencies i.e
|Sl. No||Name of the Zone||Ward Nos||Name of the Agency|
|01||ZONE-1||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 16||M/s JAGRUTI Welfare Organisation|
|02||ZONE-2||10,11,12,13,14,15,17,18,19 & 20||M/s PRATYUSH Multiservices Organisation|
|03||ZONE-3||21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29 & 30||M/s MANJU Services|
|04||ZONE-4||32,33,34,35,38,39,40,41,48 & 49||M/s MANJU Services|
|05||ZONE-5||31,36,37,42,43,46,47,54 & 55||M/s PRATYUSH Multiservices Organisation|
|06||ZONE-6||44,45,50,51,52,53,56,57,58 & 59||M/s JAGRUTI Welfare Organisation|
- 100% Door to Door Collection in all 59 wards.
- Deployed Vehicles for Collecting Segregated Dry waste and Wet Waste from the Door to Door in Wards.
- Dry waste comprises of things like paper, glass, plastic, cardboard, Styrofoam, rubber, metal, food packaging material, etc
- The Segregated dry wastes are Processing at Material Recovery Facility (MRF). Total MRF in CMC-07 Nos.
- Wet waste is all the kitchen waste that we produce. This can include vegetable peels, used tea, fruits, leftovers, etc. These are basically biodegradable organic waste that can also be composted.
- Segregated Wet Wastes are process at Micro Composting Center (MCC). The output of MCC are Organic Khata ( Useful for plantation purpose).
- Citizen can purchase the Organic Khata from the MCC center for the purpose of Plantation or Gardening.
- The Sweeping Garbages and Mixed Waste (Both Wet and Dry Waste Materials) are Stored at Satichoura Dumping Yard, Cuttack. After Computerized weighing the Garbages in Satichoura, shifted to Total Transit Station(TTS) at Chakradharpur.
- For safe disposal of liquid wastes, CMC has its own 33 MLD Treatment plant at Matagajapur before the disposal of drain water to river kathajodi.
- Bush cutting and mass Sweeping Drive are being under taken to keep the city clean.
To prevent road side open slaughtering of animal, CMC has made provision of 5 Nos. slaughter house-cum-sale centers at Khannagar, Nuabazar, Satichoura, Khalasi Lane & Kesharpur.
Mosquito control activities:-
CMC & NFCP Unit, Cuttack are jointly taking effective steps for control of mosquito menace of the city. The drains are Cleaned twice a week by NFCP coolies with application of anti larva agents. Most of CMC drains are flooded with Guffy & Gambusia fishes which are working as biological mosquito control & as natural hatchery. All the drains of CMC are desilted every year to prevent water stagnation and reduce mosquito breeding.
To reduce stray dog menace one dog sterilization unit is functioning at Sartol round year and 2058 nos. Dogs have been Immunized against rabies and sterilized in the current year .
Bio Medical waste disposal:-
CMC is regulating the private Nursing Homes for proper disposal of Bio Medical wastes.
Ban of polythene:-
In its striving towards a cleaner and greener city Cuttack Municipal Corporation has banned the use of polythene in the city. In this regard one campaign under the name of ”SAY NO TO POLYTHENE” has been launched and regular activities are going on through out the year in the form of Door to Door canvassing, miking & Media Advertising. Polythene raid activities are continuing by special squad to seize the polythenes.
Food and Raid activities:-
(i) Regular food raids conducted by Food inspector and City Health Officers jointly. Noxious foods are destroyed as and where found.
(ii) Awareness is created among the public, hotels & restaurants, road side eateries to supply good and hygienic under proper food license.
The corporation has introduced online Registration of Birth Deaths to facilitate timely issue of the certificate to the public.