Skip to content
Do’s and Don’ts
- Listen to the Radio/ TV / Public Address System for advance information & advice.
- Do not go outside during a lull in the storm.
- Allow considerable margin for safety. Be away from fallen power lines, damaged bridges and structures.
- A cyclone may change direction, speed or intensity within a few hours, so stay tuned to the radio / TV for updated information.
- Do not go for sight seeing.
- Close large windows to prevent from shattering.
- Move to the nearest shelter or vacate the area as ordered by the appropriate government agency.
- Stay indoors and take shelter in the strongest part of the house /society.
- Open windows on the sheltered side of the house if the roof begins to lift.
- Find shelter if you are caught out in the open. If you have to evacuate, do not return until advised.